Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sean

I think of what could’ve been


What should’ve been had I not

Wasted all that time and energy fighting

For something that I should’ve known

Would’ve never been

I want to thank you for the times that were shared

The way you made me feel

The good, bad, and ugly

I don’t know how you put up with it

I was very insensitive and you,

So sensitive

It was very foreign to me

A man that could feel

But couldn’t feel to the extent of what I was

Feeling

I felt like everytime I tried to

Voice it,

You ignored it

There were times where I had to

Scream silently through words

You would take offense

Tell me how harsh it was

Tell me how much your feelings were hurt

That I had intentionally hurt you

Which was and wasn’t the case

It was unintentional in the beginning

But when you rolled over and bared your

Stomach I had found everything that made you tic

I wish you’d understand that feeling things were

Physical for me, too

When you said that you wouldn’t do anything

It broke me a little

Actually – that’s very untrue

It hurt me a lot

You basically called me vane

Called me a lot of names

But you never saw it that way

Because in your mind you were the

Peace Keeper the

Peace Maker

But in mine, I was the warrior

The one that never settled

The one that speared down bullshit,

Ruffled feathers, broken hearts, and murdered feelings

In my wake

So with this, my thoughts finally conveyed

I can be at peace with them

But I don’t know if I’ll ever be at peace knowing

That maybe there’s no one with the patience

To coexist with a warrior

Because I don’t need to be tamed.

No comments: